Friday, February 11, 2011

Clowning Around

Where does the time go? Above is my almost finished clown figurine, carved face arms, feet, the jointed limbs I made from found objects. He measures about 32 inches when his legs are straight. It felt so good to complete him, I have many carved heads , waiting to come to life before my end of April deadline...stay tuned!
And because it's always good to mix business with pleasure....I'll quickly recap the last couple weeks.

I strayed from the art cave long enough to visit Funky Junk Sisters, with the lovely Dayna. Who looks quite fetching in this girdle, you go girl!

Here are the funky junk sisters, with "Modern Prairie Girl" in the middle. I did love her sweet dress.




Here's a overhead shot of me , surprise...... carving. A bunch of us met at collage to work on our projects.....



And finally...... Tabor Porter, Jewelry artist extraordinaire. Showing off a piece of his art, currently staring at Cannibals Gallery in Portland. The theme is Tangled Hearts and Wounded Relationships, just in time for Valentine's Day.......



3 comments:

  1. Great work Steph, your clown looks like he came from a 1800s folk art museum. I can't wait for your show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun catch up post -- I love your completed clown, such a personality already. And I do look fetching in the VERY LARGE girdle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad i clicked over from the PAC blog so i got to see the whole puppet...love his feet!

    ReplyDelete