Sunday, December 26, 2010

Low - Key Christmas

The idea of trudging out many boxes of decorations just did NOT appeal to me this year. So I just took a simpler approach. My friend Janet did the Angel, I paired it with a gold wing book I carved last year.
The entry way got a little vintage tinsel small glass domes and, a few handmade ornaments, from my art group.

I decided not to do a official tree, these little plastic white ones looked striking against the dark grey wall

Did just a little entertaining, a couple of small gatherings here, and a few there.


another shot of the entry way.




The little black tree paired nicely with the bowl of balls


Draping one strand of lights on a bookcase, was just the right touch. I also did one giant light up star in the front window, and then all the gifts piled right there under a torch lamp, yes I did get a lot of flack for the " Holiday Lamp" I even made up a song " (sung to the tune of oh chirstmas tree) it didn't catch on as everyone refused to sing along, no spirit!


...and today, I finally hung my Ikea light fixture over the sink. I'm so happy that putting Christmas away will be a snap... I feel a big garage sale coming on where I purge all the excess.
Stay tuned for my big studio clean up, complete with before and after photos. An art friend has agreed to whip me into shape so I can begin the New Year organized and jump headfirst into a big solo art show......







2 comments:

  1. You go girl! Isn't it nice when we recognize what we are willing to do and do just that? I did the same thing this year and decided that whatever I got done was enough -- also reorganizing my space for a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos of your simplified Christmas decorating - so elegant and yet sparkly. And yes, get ready for a big, deep clean out and reorganization of your studio (just make sure we have access to lattes!).

    ReplyDelete